What is Correbarri?
The Correbarri is an athletic competiton that aims to promote news challenges in the popular athletics, a movement that continues growing day after day. The Correbarri wants to involve all the Barcelona districts in a sport celebration.
Three main features:
· Distance: 10 Km.
· Fairly flat route that runs through the streets of Ciutat Vella and Port of Barcelona.
· Competition: In addition to an individual competition, there is a competition between the 10 Barcelona districts.
The Club Natació Atlètic-Barceloneta and Gaudium Sports, with the support of the of Barcelona City Council and the Port de Barcelona.
Where and when will be?
The seventh Correbarri will take place at Barcelona on October 14th, 2018, at 9:00 AM.
The starting and finishing zone will be at Plaça del Mar, in front of the Club Natació Atlètic-Barceloneta.
Time limit is 1 hour and 25 minutes.
How to arrive?
· Subway: L4, Barceloneta Station.
· Bus (stopping in front of the C.N. Atlètic-Barceloneta): Lines V15, 39 and 64.
· Bus (stopping at 400 m. of the C.N. Atlètic-Barceloneta): Lines 45, 59 and D20.
Services to the runner
· Timing control with a chip.
· Timekeeping in the 5km and 10km.
· Refreshment at the half of the race and arriving.
· Wardrobe from 7am on the race day.
· Ambulancen service.
· Official T-shirt for all the registered.
· Pacers: 37, 40, 42, 45, 50, 55 and 60 minutes.
Bib pick up
At the Runner Fair on Friday October 12th, from 15h to 20h and Saturday October 13th, from 10h to 20h.
The Runner Fair will be located at the Antigua Fábrica Estrella Damm, on C/ Rosselló 515 (08025 Barcelona).
It’s necessary to present your ID or passport and the proof of inscription.
Once you are doing your registration you must choose a district to run for. Each district will be one team:
1. Ciutat Vella
4. Les Corts
5. Sarrià-Sant Gervasi
8. Nou Barris
9. Sant Andreu
10. Sant Martí
Although you are not living in Barcelona city, you can run for whichever district of the city: because there are living your parents, you parents in law, some friends… because there is your favorite restaurant… because you are a Barcelona or Espanyol fan… because you like the beach or the mountain…
There is an overall individual time classification, another individual for each district and one overall team classification. Each district wears a different color t-shirts to distinguish the districts/teams..
For the overall teams classification will be considered the classification (not the real time) of the firsts 35 men and the firsts 15 women of each district. The first of the overall individual classification will get 1 point, the second 2 point, and so on. The district/team winner will be the one who gets fewer score.
· At the three first absolute classified in male and female categories.
· At the first man and woman classifies of each district.
· At the winner district: The winner district will receive the “big ears” dressed with the colors of the district. The cup can be showed during the year on the headquarters of the winner district. The cup becomes the property of any district who wins the competition five times or three years in a row.